A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Monday, December 04, 2006

Jen Training

(I hate blogger beta, by the way. GRRRRR)

So I read that book, "No cry sleep solution"

Yeah that kinda is mostly for babies who get up alot during the night. Not much help for getting him down to begin with.

But one good point stuck with me. It said to have "crib time" every day where you play in the crib, so he knows its a safe place to be.

So we've been doing that for a few days.

Last night after our usual bedtime routine, I put Stewie down in the crib, and sat next to it. I expected him to throw an absolute fit, since we tried cry it out last week.

But he actually got all excited and started bouncing around and having a jolly old time. It took an hour and a half, but the kid finally started banging his head against the crib and slowly laying down. I dunno what it is about when my kid is tired but he bangs his head against mine, walls, or the crib, or even the floor. Not hard, but enough to say "hey Im kinda tired here"

So I "Jen trained" him last night.
Now hopefully tonight it will take a little less time, but I think he finally can get to sleep in there without me rocking him and sneaking him in it.
Of coarse I will have to sit there the whole time, but soon, I am hoping I wont even have to do that.

So Mommies, the moral of this story is: follow your gut!!! If crying it out makes you puke like you had breast fed and kept your baby in your pouch like a kangaroo his whole life, then dont do it.
Do things your way. Especially with the first baby. Like Ive always said, the first baby is like the first pancake. You know you are going to screw it up, but you do it anyway so you know better next time.
If that makes sense then you are officially my best friend.

2 Comments:

  • Hey I sense some optimism in your writing, so YAY! I hope that this really works for you. You are %100 right when you say that you have to go with your gut. The crying it out thing was something I had to think about for a long time. We tried it one night and it went really well, and after the second night she was sleeping through. If it continued like yours did, I could have never done it. Just trust yourself and your kiddo to do what's right!

    By Blogger Meg, at 2:22 AM  

  • I so agree with that. We just need to do our best and not mess up the pancake as much as possible.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home