A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Friday, December 01, 2006

Fevers

This morning Stewie woke up at the ass crack of dawn. He refused to go back to sleep. So I gave him his bottle and daddy went off to work. Then Stewie decided he had gotten up way too early and we went back to bed.

We woke back up about an hour and a half later. Stewie was burning up. He had a temp of 102.3. So I gave him a big dose of tylenol, and tried to do the liquid thing most of the day. The poor thing wouldnt let me leave his side the whole day. I mean he usually screams when I leave the room and he just has to deal with it. But today he would literally whine like a little lost puppy if I so much as moved in another direction other than towards him.
I got his fever down to 100 by the time he went to bed. Nothing else seems to be wrong with him so its weird. He did take four short naps today instead of 2 extra short naps. But I guess that was the fever wearing him down.
Now Im worn down.
Ive been reading that book "the no cry sleep solution" so far its telling me things I kinda already knew. Its mostly for babies who wake up at night and cant get themselves back to sleep. Im hoping though that if I keep reading it will give me a clue how to get Stewie down for the FIRST time at night by himself. Cuz the second to the tenth times he wakes up he falls right back asleep after I give him back his paci.
So I dunno.

1 Comments:

  • I hope he's feeling better by now! It's so frustrating when they're sick and you can't figure out why.

    I hope that book helps you. I know I'm one of the ones who referred it to you, but I didn't realize the first time was the only time you were having problems getting him down. Hopefully there will be some tips in there for you. I know you've tried so many different things -- it's time you caught a break!

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home