A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Life

Life happens.
I just never get a chance to sit down and write anymore.
Which sucks because I really think it helps my stress levels when I get on here and spew forth my junk.

Stewie is almost walking. I figured he'd do that a little late. He takes a few steps to us from the coffee table, or the couch, whatever he's hanging on to. He refuses to let us put him in a standing position though. Has to be of his own will or it aint happening. He's just so comfortable crawling, its almost like he'd much rather do that. But its ok, I'd much rather chase after a crawling baby than a running one at the moment.

He still head butts everything. And now he's started to throw his head back when he gets mad. Sometimes this causes him to fall back with a loud thump, and others he lets his head hang there and starts laughing. Either hes laughing at the ceiling, or the funny feeling he gets to have his head all the way back. He's strange. But its almost like an instant reaction. You piss him off, head goes back. I get scared like he's got a trigger in his head that causes seizures when he gets pissed.

The holidays went good. My mom stayed for christmas. Stewie got bunches of toys for daddy to play with.
We finally have a front facing car seat. Which kind of scares me. Im not the worlds best driver and now if I ever hit the breaks to the floor, I'll give my kid whiplash. He's kinda confused about the whole thing right now. Doesnt quite understand why he can see mommy now. I just dont like how he can throw his toys and see where they go so he can scream for them.

3 Comments:

  • I understand the walking thing. Squeaks still isn't walking, either. She doesn't even take steps. Or stand on her own. It's like she has no motivation to walk...crawling is much faster. At first I was okay with it, but now I'm ready to have her walking!

    I hope you had a great Christmas!

    By Blogger Meg, at 12:02 PM  

  • Happy New Year to you!!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5:43 AM  

  • I'm glad to hear you had a great holiday and thanks so much for the Christmas card. Stewie is such a doll. I'm sure he and his daddy will be playing with the toys a lot!

    FYI, I moved my blog to a new link. You can get to it through my name on the comment here. Same old blog, just moved.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home