A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Sunday, November 19, 2006

There Must be Another Way

Tonight we decided to try letting Stewie cry himself to sleep.
I mean how long can we continue to rock him to sleep?

So Hunny rocked him until he was almost asleep then put him in the crib. He immediately stood up and started screaming. I had Hunny wait three minutes then go in there and lay him down again. He tried shooshing him and calming him down but that wasnt happening. So he left him in there crying and tried to wait 5 minutes. But after two I sent him in there to rock him to sleep.

Then after he was asleep, hunny layed him down and he instantly started screaming thinking he was going to get left again. So he got rocked to sleep again.

I cant take that kind of aweful crying again. I dont know what else to do, but I cant take it.

2 Comments:

  • We've gone through the same thing with Simon. I think you will eventually need to let him cry it out and better sooner rather than later. Babies can be super stubborn and are really smart, but you need to stick with your decision and not give in. Every time you give in you are teaching him that crying works and that eventually you will come. Have you tried getting books? I like "Sleep Solutions for your baby, toddler and preschooler" by Ann Douglas. Hang in there!

    By Blogger MG, at 9:20 AM  

  • I'm so sorry that you're having such a time with him. I know how frustrating it is when they just won't freaking sleep! You have to do what works best for you and Stewie. Just because something worked for another family doesn't mean that it will work for you. Go with your instinct.

    By Blogger Meg, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home