A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Saturday, November 11, 2006

What Is A Blog?

What is a blog, if not an outlet for your thoughts on your day, or life in general. What is a blog, if you can not express what you are going through, just to get it off your chest?

Maybe we shouldnt write about our kids having colds either. Then some nice person might offer to send us some chicken soup that they werent going to eat.

What is the internet? For me, it is a place to find people in my area, to get to know, to trade items with, and to buy things at a bargain from.
The internet is where I can go if my son is sick, and I need to check out the symptoms. The internet is where I go to find moms around the world, who might be going through something that I am going through.
The internet is something that keeps me sane. If things were as bad as they could be, the internet and cable and junk food would be gone from my home.
But thanks to the internet, and the kindness of people Ive met, my child has things that I could never get him on my budget.

Dont criticize what you dont understand.

I almost didnt think it was necessary to defend myself. But I thought if someone out there is reading this blog, and actually thinking that I am using it for charity, instead of an outlet for my thoughts, they might want a reality check.

2 Comments:

  • Don't worry, I didn't think you were using the blog to look for handouts! You are such a sweet woman and I love being able to talk to you about what we (and our kids) are going through. Anonymous people are just out there to try to make people have a bad day.

    By Blogger Meg, at 11:35 AM  

  • I second that. I never once thought you were asking for charity. I love your honesty, so please don't let the anonymous poster bring you down. We mommies need to stick together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home