A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Hate Bedtime

I used to love Stewie's bedtime!!!
But now that I have to actually sit there with my arm halfway in the crib for almost an hour, its just not the same.
I used to be able to get away with turning on that toy with water that plays music that hangs on his crib, then sneaking out. Yeah he's caught on to that. And theres nothing that Ive tried distracting him with thats worked for more than 2 minutes before he screams for my hand.
It would be cute, but he literally has to examine each finger, and make them bend in different ways and talk to them, then play spit out the paci and make mommy fight me for it, then dont let her put it back in my mouth. Then we start all over. I have such a headache right now.

My mom just said its something I need to cherish since hes growing up so fast. UGH how can you cherish things like this when you are in the moment and you just want to run away??

2 Comments:

  • I feel for you. It always seems so horrible when you have to go through something like that, and it always seems to take forever. Pretty soon you'll be looking back remembering when you had to go through all of this. I'm not saying to cherish it, I'm just saying I hope it goes over quickly!

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:38 AM  

  • It will pass. Honest. Just try and remember, everything is just a phase. I used to have to lie with eldest son every night until he fell asleep. It seems like a million years ago now and I do look back at it fondly even though it could be a pain sometimes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home