A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Potty Training HELL

I know its time.
I started trying a few weeks ago, I would put some shorts on Stewie without a diaper and he would complain when he felt "HOT" down there... so I knew he peed.

I thought that would entice him to tell me before hand so he could use the potty.
He's used it a few times, here and there, but not without me sitting him on it for a half hour at a time until it comes out.

Today I decided to just do the underwear, and I figured, just one time he pees and it will be all over and the next time he will tell me he wants to go on the potty before he wets himself again. but according to him, its alot funner to pee himself several times, get my awesome reaction, and laugh about it.

I know its basically only day 1 in the official race to potty train my 2 1/2 year old son. But this ONE day has basically driven me to want to run away. How do you mothers do it? He peed on the coffee table twice, the rug once, then sat on the potty til i got more underwear, then peed when he stood up.....

Its like its a little ha ha joke to him.
But hes gonna be 3 in November. Most boys are trained by now right? Or am I doing this all wrong? One friend says Im not trying hard enough, one says let him tell you when hes ready. But I ask him everyday if hes gonna use the underwear and potty today and he says "nope, diaper mama!"
I had to actually force it today, and all I get in return, is spot shot all over myself and the carpet, a pissy windexed coffee table, a load of laundry, and a HAPPY DIAPERED child, oh and my headache...
Did I mention my husband just called and said he wouldnt be home til almost 7 tonight?

sigh.....

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • My best friend's oldest boy wasn't potty trained until he was almost four years-old. He was still in diapers when his little brother was born, so please don't feel bad. Some kids just fight it.

    Mine does great at daycare. She poops and pees on the potty like a champ. Does she do that at home? Of course not! We try to get her to sit on the potty and she screams. I've been told it's a control thing. That doesn't change the fact tht it pisses me off :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • Nobody gets potty trained in a day... It takes time. And a mop. And a steam cleaner. And putting yourself in time-out... a lot!!!

    You'll get there, I promise! Mena is 6 months older and she just now decided it was time!

    By Blogger amanda, at 9:11 PM  

  • Hi crazynewmama,

    Sorry about the long delay as I was on medical leave.

    Thanks for leaving a comment in my blog post Sidebar slide to bottom of page: trouble shooting. Looks like you got the problem licked. Well done.

    Peter Blog*Star
    Environmentally friendly presents (gifts)

    By Blogger Peter @ Enviroman, at 9:10 AM  

  • Encorage him, but don't force it on him. All my kids (including a set of twins)trained pretty darn late--much to the frustration of my mom and mom in law who insisted they should have been trained 2 years earlier..However, once they decided they were ready, they did it themselves and never had any night accidents.
    Don't fret it! Believe me, there are more important things to worry about, and they will get trained when the time is right.

    By Blogger Rhonda, at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home