A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Giving Birth Was Nothing

...compaired to hunching over the baby's crib and holding him tight to my face while he wailed himself to sleep.
He wouldnt eat anything this evening. Didnt even want a bottle. I gave him some motrin and some teething pellet stuff and some orajel. The only thing I could to was try to get him to fall asleep so he wouldnt feel that pain anymore.
It was the first time he cried so hard that he did that hyperventilating breathing for like 3 minutes afterwards. I just wanted to cry along with him.
When other moms tell you how painful it will be for the both of you when your baby is in pain, you dont really understand. You just dont understand.

2 Comments:

  • You poor poor thing. Poor Stewie too. You feel completely helpless dont you? Sounds like Stewie is really suffering with his teeth. Toothache is so vile, you can only imagine what it must feel like for a child who has no idea why its happening to them.
    A strange example maybe but my mother was with me throughout my first labour and birth and vowed never to go through it again. She didn't eat for 2 wekks afterwards. Seeing me in such pain and distress made her physically ill. She felt totally lost and useless and being unable to offer me any repsite tore her up inside.

    Im sure your little boy is comsoled by your presense even if you cant take away his discomfort.
    Youre doing a grand job :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:15 PM  

  • But I do understand because I've been there lately. It usually ends in both of us in tears and my heart broken.

    I honestly have no advice except hang in there.

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home