A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

5th trimester?

You know how some babies need that 4th trimester because they are so little and crabby? So you swaddle and pacify and all that. Well I have come to realize that my son has entered his 5th trimester. He wasnt ready when he came out, and hes not ready now.

For the past few weeks I havent been swaddling him. We started feeding him fruit and rice cereal. He started laughing and cooing. But all of a sudden we hit a bump in the road. He's a moody little newborn again. Gas hits him like a ton of bricks. He hates taking his bottles. He cries almost every time i change him. He's not happy on his tummy time mat, his bouncy chair, playing with toys, looking at me, looking at tv, in the swing. So tonight after a day so caotic that I considered running away, I swaddled the boy.

He looked up at me and smiled, as if to say, "duh mommy, thats all i needed" I sat in the rocker and rocked him to sleep and sang to him. After he was out I just kept on rocking. Then I started crying. How could I think such horrible things as running away? Whats wrong with me that I cant figure out whats wrong with my own baby? Why could I handle a newborn and I cant handle a 5 month old? And why the HELL is Luke so friggen stupid!!! uhhhh Sorry, Gilmore Girls got the best of me tonight.

1 Comments:

  • I just saw your comment on my blog from days ago...I've had a hard time keeping up.

    I just want you to know that I am in the exact same boat that you are in with my kiddo (they're even the same age). I haven't swaddled her since about 2 weeks because she's so determined to always be moving! But we're in the cry over everything stage and I'm about to pull my hair out. I think I'll try swaddling tomorrow night, but I'm doubting that it will work...

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home