A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Family Ties...

Stewie met my father yesterday. He came down here from Massachusetts to bring my sister to my house... long story.
I never really thought much about having my son know his grandfather. Another long story. Its not because Im just a mean person.
Anyway, I guess it kinda was a good thing. Stewie deserves to know him. And the man he is now is someone who loves his grandson. I guess thats all that matters.

Man getting him to bed tonight was something. That boy will double over in pain with gas. I had to stop feeding him his bottle and try to lay him down. Then he started screaming. So I tried the bottle again. By then he was too tired to throw a fit about gas. It makes me feel so friggen helpless. I mean for real, how many different formulas and gas exercises and stupid drops can you try. Nothing works for this kid. And its not that I dont love it when I take him into bed with me around 3am every morning. But its getting kinda old. I have to hold his arms down so he doesnt smack himself while his legs go up in the air with gas. My back is killing me and I just havent slept in 2 days.
I cant swaddle his ass anymore. This boy is crazy fast. And strong. I just dont know if 6 months is a little too old for him to still not have any control over his arms when he is tired.

1 Comments:

  • Oh I hope you get some sleep SOON! I know what it's like to have a sick/fussy baby who won't sleep. Luckily Squeaks is doing better these last few days, but it always seems to come in cycles.

    She doesn't really have the crazy flailing arms like Stewie, but she scratches the ever-loving crap out of her head when I'm rocking her. The child always has scratch marks because I don't know what to do to keep her from doing this!

    By Blogger Meg, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home