A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Social Phobes Dont Do Birthdays

We took Stewie to his first party today. He did so good.
I on the other hand, didnt.
See I only knew the Mom and baby. And when you dont know people, its hard to really tell what kind of people they are.
I have this problem where if someone looks like they've got more money than I do (which is just about everybody) then I really really feel like an idiot around them. I tense up, sweat, and cant really function.
Everyone at the party was beautiful and preppy.
Its safe to say that I was the only one who drove up in a 1987 nissan stanza...
Mostly everyone was nice, but I just cant deal in situations like that.
So me and my hunny and Stewie kinda kept away from everyone else. I know he gets sick of not interacting with people because of me. But no amount of therapy or drugs has helped me yet.
I just want to never leave the house again after days like this.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, I hear ya, I'm the same way, I hate going places where I don't know anyone. Sometimes I get into a fight with Brian just so I won't have to go.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 5:39 PM  

  • Man my husband and I are the same way. We've been trying to work on it for Cricket's sake but it's hard. I have a playgroup tomorrow that I've bailed on every single one so far. I can always think of an excuse not to go but I know Cricket would have so much fun. I'm going tomorrow darn it! I think...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home