A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Friday, May 19, 2006

I Hear Enough Crying as it is...

I am not a "cry-it-out" mom.
Lets not say that I couldnt let my son cry-it-out. Come on now. Ive got enough ice water running thru my veins towork a coolata machine.
I just lay there at night, while hes in his crib kicking into the air and sucking his hands (thumbs obviously arent big enough) and cooing and gurgling. The crib is right next to my bed. I cant sleep any other way...shut up i will not sleep on a matress on the floor when we move him into his room next week... So I lay there and let him "play-it-out" And when he starts getting fussy, I stick the paci in his mouth and shhhsssh him to sleep.
I guess its just that there is so little time left of this part of our lives. I dont want to listen to him cry if I dont have to. In a short while, instead of crying-it-out, he will be screaming, biting, spitting, whining "i hate you" it out. So I will just enjoy our little nightly ritual as is.
So Im not a Ferber Mom. (im a gerber mom! {roll your eyes here}) Im not a perfect mom. Im not a hippy mom or a working mom or a cooking cleaning sewing mom.
Im Baby Stewie's mom, and he likes me, so I must be doing something right.

1 Comments:

  • Aaw, I just came across you blog. Your baby is gorgeous! I tried CIO once with my first baby and it broke my heart. I elft it too late though and attempted it at 8 months. Too late I think, especially as he was used to sleeping with me, right up close every night!
    I tried it again with my 3rd out of curiousity, had no intention of leavng her really cry and she went off after 5 mins of pretty lame crying. But then she was only about 10 weeks old.
    Anyway, Im babbling. I look forward to reading moer about Stewie. LOVE family guy btw!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home