A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Thursday, June 01, 2006

sorry

Its been a few I know.
I got my antibiotics yesterday.
Im still in pain when I open my mouth too much, or touch my ear by accident. But its not throbbing anymore. The pills did give me the runs which is awesome. Always need that with a baby.
Speakin of running to the toilet, Ive been running to the bedroom every 5 minutes since I put Stewie to bed. He just doesnt want to stay asleep. The first time I pleaded with his daddy to please just put him to bed. I know you worked all day but Im soooo done tonight. OK sounds easy enough.
But the baby wont stop screaming. Then he finally calms down. I sit down on the couch with the monitor. All of a sudden I hear him laughing. Daddy is playing with him and being loud. Not good with a tired baby. Ah then comes the laugh-turned-into-a-cry. My cue to jump on in there.
I say just gimme the kid. He says what can you do that i cant?
I say Im gonna put him to sleep. I take him and hold him sideways, let him finish his bottle and hes out for the count.
A few minutes ago, he got up again. I couldnt get him because I just put drops in my ear. But after a ton of shhhhshing daddy comes back and says hes up. hes not going back to sleep. hes up. ill make a bottle. I say dont need to do that. I went in there and gave him his paci and held his arms so he wouldnt smack himself and he went back to sleep.
I dont know what it is with men putting babies to bed but it just doesnt have a good outcome no matter how hard they try.
I think in our case, Stewie just looks at him as a toy. Oh the toy is here, time to play??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home