A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Friday, July 07, 2006

why

Why does my son insist on taking the shortest naps during the day?
And I cant go right no matter if I put him to bed when he starts getting tired, or after he's been tired for a while. Either way he will lay there and scream. Its like he knows its daytime, "so why the fuck am i in here?" But the little sucker will fall asleep on me. Which is something I love and I prayed for during the gassy times when he couldnt lay on his belly. But he needs to learn to nap in the crib, and nap longer than a half hour.
He is just so cranky and overtired all the time. Which makes me cranky and overtired. And I have nothing to do but complain to cyberspace.
Oh and heres some advice. If you think it will be fun to go down a slide at the park, with your kid on your lap, "oh he will love this! first time on a slide" look down at your legs. If your shorts are higher than mid thigh, you might want to rethink the whole slide thing. Ive got the most painful "slide burn" right under my ass.
I hope you gain wisdom from my mistakes. Now go forth, and mother your young.

2 Comments:

  • Oowwww, sounds sore. Thanks for that advice. I will make a metal note. Although, I not a 'fun mum', I get Daddy to do all the fun stuff like goin down slides etc.. Dignity always kept intact that way ;) Oh yes, im the disciplinarian, I like to shout and clean and cook. No slide burns for me!

    The naps may come with time. Sylvie used to have 4 half hour naps when she was tiny. So frustrating. I used to wish she caould just have a good 2hr nap instead and eventually that evolved. Then again, he may just decide that he doesnt want to nap.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:46 AM  

  • We are in the same situation with naps right now. Sleeping at night is getting better, but the naps (or lack of) are really frustrating me. I'm dealing with grumpy Squeaks all. the. time. Let me know if you find some magic trick that works for you.

    Does Stewie have a "lovey" of any kind (blankie, etc.)? Squeaks has a teddy bear that sometimes makes it a little easier at naptime, but she still won't freaking stay asleep long! Grrr.

    By Blogger Meg, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home