A Social Phobe's Adventures in New Mommyhood

Friday, July 14, 2006

Careful What You Wish For

If you keep complaining that you're fat, then the powers-that-be will strike you.
Today was Stewie's eye checkup.....
I had to park on the upper level because I have no power stearing and I cant park anyways so I need to be away from cars.
So I park, (crooked and in two spaces....) drag out the stroller, get my kid in there, get all my stuff orginized, and push us to the elevator. I push the button, nothing happens, I hear some guys yelling to eachother from inside, I look and realize that the van parked in front of this area says "elevator maitenance" OKgreat. So I hike around the parking garage and try not to run myself over pushing the damn stroller down the damn hill.
We get to the office and check in, where the receptionist kindly tells me that my appointment was yesterday, but if I want, I can sit and wait two hours for the doc to be free. I kindly made another appointment and left.
And pushed the stroller up the hill, around the garage and to my car.
Then I was tempted to just go home but I knew I must go on and finish my errands. To the post office we go.
So people who work at the post office are very self absorbed. There was a line, and two chicks were working. Well one of them decided she didnt feel like calling the next person in line just yet. No she wanted to like put stamps on 50 things and like i dont know, look at her nails.
Luckily I didnt get her. But the one I did get pissed me off. The lady in front of me got a book of stamps. The chick at the counter showed her a choice of like 3 books, and the woman pointed at the ones she liked. So I go up and say in my cheery fake voice "i just need a book of stamps please" The bitch slaps the first book on the counter and asks me if I want a receipt.
Now Im sure shes had a rough day, and just didnt like me. But I dont like people in general and she just enforced one of the reasons why.
The day wasnt a total bust. I decided to walk the baby down to wear I used to work (in the same shopping center as post office) and get some coffee. I chatted with an old friend for a while and fed the baby.
Wow my arms hurt from driving without power stearing. ok is it stearing or steering????? OOOOOOOOOOOh Im tired.
Stewie took his first EVER two hour nap and I actually had to wake him up at 4:30 so he would go to bed tonight. But I think he thought he was going down for the night and thats why he didnt wake up a half hour later.... boy That was a long blog.... Seacrest OUT

1 Comments:

  • Um, you're going to hate me for this. I tagged you for a MeMe. In my defense, I just closed my eyes and pointed at your name, so it's not like I purposely chose to torture you!

    By Blogger Meg, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home